The Life of Liz

Here you can learn about my life, the goings on, or whatever happens to be on my mind! I post videos, words, pictures, anything to document the happenings! Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I was born and raised in the small, beautiful town of Mount Vernon, Ohio. My family ran a horse farm for many years, so I grew up around almost every animal you could imagine. I have a deep love for music and performing. At the age of 19, after taking part in IMTA in New York City, I packed my bags and moved to Los Angeles to pursue my acting career. I now work and live in the most amazing and strange city in the world! And I love it!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I've cleaned my slate with waterless slate sanitizer...

Okay, so my slate is not completely clean. But what slate ever is? I am, however, beginning a new part of my journey. This part of the journey is not nearly as fresh as the one I began just over a year ago. It has to it a hint of established freshness. I have already been here a year, I know the city and I am surrounded by wonderful friends. I have a job which I enjoy and pays me enough to keep the lights on and food in the kitchen. For all these established things, I am very grateful. But there are two new things approaching that have me very excited. The first is a new apartment. It's a very cute little place, and I will be sharing it with a very cool friend. After the stress caused by one of my current roommates, I'm ready to switch him out for Jason and move to a new place that smells of fresh paint and carpet glue. We came into a bit of good fortune in the way of furniture and refrigeration, so I am feeling confident that all will be well.

I am also excited about my return to school. I start back up at LAVC in January. California's educational budget cuts make it impossible for me to transfer to a 4 year university until I am nearly halfway through my junior year. So I will spend some time getting to know the lovely people at LAVC, use them for their low tuition and then leave them once my minimum credits are complete. Getting back into the classroom is something I have been wanting to do for quite some time, and I'm totally ready for it. I cannot wait.

With all these things waiting for me, I am beyond eager to jump in head first. However, my calendar tells me I have to wait until the dates approach. I will just sit on my hands and wait excitedly for everything I've planned to unfold.

I've also decided to take a new approach to...dating, and that would be not doing it. I need and want to get myself all straightened first. I want to settle into school first, adjust to the new living situation and make sure I am firmly planted on my own two feet. As much as I enjoy being in a relationship, I cannot force one to happen or magic one out of thin air and fairy dust. I have to wait for the right person to happen into my life. And that can't happen until I have everything else settled. He also has to be the right person; someone who challenges me intellectually, is passionate and driven, has a love for music, wants the same things out of life, all the stuff you find in a generic Katherine Heigl chick flick. (I have excellent standards...HA!) And he must love dogs. Good heavens, I once planned to spend the rest of my life with a man who HATED animals, and I wont make that mistake again. Also, he has to want to be in a relationship. I can't make a guy commit to a relationship if he doesn't want one. That is just going to end is disappointment for everyone involved. He gets stuck in a relationship he doesn't really want, and I would be constantly wanting just a little bit more. Nobody's happy there. The moral of this part of the story is that, I'm not in a hurry and I really don't feel like dating. So, if you were planning to ask me out to dinner anytime soon, sorry. Check back in 4-6 months.

I'll close this here. I'm at work, and I really shouldn't be writing a blog. After all, there are urgent things that need my attention, such as the programming of my boss' iPhone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG APARTMENT

October 29, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home