The Life of Liz

Here you can learn about my life, the goings on, or whatever happens to be on my mind! I post videos, words, pictures, anything to document the happenings! Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I was born and raised in the small, beautiful town of Mount Vernon, Ohio. My family ran a horse farm for many years, so I grew up around almost every animal you could imagine. I have a deep love for music and performing. At the age of 19, after taking part in IMTA in New York City, I packed my bags and moved to Los Angeles to pursue my acting career. I now work and live in the most amazing and strange city in the world! And I love it!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The GOP

The other day, the GOP released a video regarding Pelosi's denial that she was completely informed about the tortures taking place. (I have linked the video below.) Whether she was informed or not does not matter her. What matters is that the GOP just made a horrifically low, bastardly low, UNBELIEVABLY LOW blow. It is one of the most classless political acts I have seen in a long time, second only to anything Illinois could come up with. Why is this video so low, you may ask? The video is a James Bond-esq spoof, with Pelosi's head in the middle of the barrel sight, complete with the sound of a gunshot and dripping blood. 


*Being a Bond fan, I'm going to avoid going off about how the GOP should do their research and at least spoof Bond correctly. As any Bond fan would know it is Bond, the hero, who stands in the gun sight. The person behind it is the one who is shot dead. But again, I will avoid criticizing the GOP for lack of Bond research and general coolness. It would take far too long.*

A few days before that they released a video criticizing Obama's "reckless spending." The video is currently unviewable unless you are a "friend" of the GOP on youtube, which I am not and do not plan to be. I was, however, able to find the script. The video is a Mastercard spoof, which the GOP has decided to use for the homepage of their website, RNC.org. "Obama Card" "Something your tax dollars shouldn't buy." "Expires: Soon." Below is the short, plagiarized, uncreative, unoriginal and just plain ridiculous script:

SCRIPT

Time: 00:33

Chyron: Political Satire

Voice/Chyron: A new best friend: $2,000

Voice/Chyron: A court side seat: $500

Voice/Chyron: Payback to your political cronies: $787,000,000,000

Voice/Chyron: A cool new photo for your website: $328,000

Voice/Chyron: Drowning your country in debt: Priceless

Voice/Chyron: There are some things your money shouldn’t buy but that’s not gonna stop him from trying


The "new best friend" bit refers to his new dog. Yes, everybody knows that dogs cost money. And yes, the GOP is correct is saying that the cost is about $2,000 per year. Although I don't seem to recall any of the stimulus bill including "presidential dog care." I'm pretty sure he pays for that one. But speaking of expensive, if we are complaining about his dog, what about his wife and kids!? I mean, one kid costs about $11,000 per year! Does he really need TWO? Better yet, does he need them at all? He really should just get rid of them and stop wasting the nation's money. Gosh! 

*For those of you who don't get humor, I'm kidding. Kid's a great, better than dogs and Obama should keep his no matter how expensive.

The courtside seats? Really? Jesus, GOP, come one! A. Is $500 effing bucks. Get a grip. And B. If you are going to give Obama a hard time about seeing a game now and then, then why don't we blame Jack Nicholson for the downfall of the economy, since NEVER misses a Lakers game, not even for the Oscars. 

Cool New Photo? NOT OBAMA FAULT AT ALL! He was FURIOUS about that! What the fucking hell, GOP!? Again, do you fucking research!!!!

And for the love of God, the stimulus bill is in now way, shape or form used to pay off his campaign debts. Again, just like I didn't seen a dog car clause in their, I'm pretty sure I didn't see an "Obama campaign bailout" clause in there either. 

Now that I have finished writing this, I look back and realizes that it is not as organized or well written as I would have hoped. But it's hard to write in an organized way when you are infuriated.

I close with this:

Dear GOP:

You are being the most immature bunch of saps this nation has ever seen. You are throwing a world class temper tantrum, and we are all fucking sick of it. Grow up, wipe the snot from under your nose and just shut up! I am ashamed, Yes downright ASHAMED to say I ever supported you, voted for members of your party or wasted 100+ hours of my life I will never get back volunteering for you. You are lower than I ever thought it was possible for you to sink, and it's a shame, because I know you are just going to keep sinking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cookin' Cate said...

The GOP is just jealous cause no one likes them anymore. They don't get cookies.

<3

May 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home